Monday, April 29, 2013

Surprise!

I'm so bad at keeping this updated these days....poor baby #3 is hardly going to get any updates on here. Oh, yeah, about that? We're expecting baby #3 in October!!! We are over the moon excited but a bit scared about this newest adventure. We are so blessed to be given this unexpected surprise. =)

Ya know, I've always cringed when people say they got pregnant "by accident" or yes, sometimes even when they say it was a surprise. As with many things in life, we often know best before we are made to walk in those shoes. No, I still don't like the "accident" response (not sure how it can be an accident) but I do understand the surprise now. Baby #3 was a surprise for us. I was taking my BC pills (didn't miss any!) and was waiting between packs (I had just bought the new pack) when good old woman time never came. After a few days of Jeff worrying and asking "are you sure you aren't pregnant?" and me saying "no, dear" I decided to go ahead and take a test for his peace of mind. On Monday, February 11 I took a test I had from before Olivia. Positive. I figured it was just too old so I took another. Positive. I was speechless...half tearing up half smiling the biggest goofiest grin there ever was. I went to work and left during my planning period to buy a digital test. Went back to work, took the test, positive. By this point it was safe to say that I was, indeed, pregnant.

After work I went home and put Olivia in a Big Sis onsie. Jeff was speechless as well. It took him a bit to process everything, but once it all sank in we were super excited. We went ahead and told family immediately since I was having to quit the workout program I was in. We didn't go public until about I was just shy of 11 weeks and had already had a couple of ultrasounds.

Hopefully we will find out the gender by the end of May, but we will be so excited either way. It will be neat to have 3 sweet girls, but it would also be neat to finally have a boy in the family! Happy and healthy is all that matters to us!


Just under 10 weeks



Big sisters!!
 
 
14 weeks
15 weeks (already put on my comfy pants & too lazy to change back ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment