Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am slowly going crazy..

..1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, switch! Crazy going slowly am I, 6,5,4,3,2,1 switch! Anyone remember that song? I'm pretty sure it was from The Elephant Show. haha

But, seriously, I'm going crazy. Tomorrow will be day 3 of snow days for the week. 6th for the year. Not cool. Not cool at all. I'm all for a snow day or two for the year, but 6??? We'll be in school until Father's Day at this rate! Guess I should start looking up some Father's Day activities for the kiddos.... Oh, and before you think "quit complaining, you have the rest of the summer!", that's not the (whole) point. That is over a week of instructional time. A week that I won't get back until AFTER the state assessment. As in, the big, standardized, important test that weighs so heavily on teacher's shoulders? Yeah, that one. That big 'ol test won't be moved back to accommodate the 6 snow days. Nope, that just means I have 6 less days to teach and prepare the kiddos for that ugly old test. SIX days is A LOT of days! Okay, breathe Jess...

Besides all of that, Sophie and I are going a bit stir crazy. I LOVE spending these days with her, but there is only so much we can do within these walls! It's too cold and icy to get out and about, so we are spending our days playing on the floor, practicing crawling, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, snuggling, being cranky because of cutting teeth, and laughing our heads off at the mere sight of the dogs. It's fun stuff. Really. But, I'm sure Sophie is getting tired of my ugly mug and would like to have some other interaction besides with me. We'll probably head to the mall or something tomorrow because the "real" roads aren't bad. Oh, to top it all off: Jeff has been working 10 hour shifts all week, plus Saturdays so we haven't seen much of him lately! Boo. hiss.

We also had a little photo shoot today to pass some time. Sophia has some really cute Valentine's clothes, but has had nowhere to wear them! So, we dressed up in a couple and took some pictures. She's ready for her close up! Well, she'll be more ready once that tooth finishes cutting through...she hasn't been very smiley since it began poking out. Oh, and I've been feeling crafty lately, so I've been sewing during her naps. The housework will get done later...I hope...

<~~~Excited to see daddy finally come home. This is an outfit I made. My first attempt at ruffle pants and they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!

<~~~If you look closely, you can see the drool and pink cheeks; courtesy of teething. I made the ruffle butt onesie and the ba.by legs. Love!


<~~~The front of the onesie, I just used iron-on letters to put her name on the front of the ruffle butt onesie.

3 comments:

  1. Okay these outfits are ADORABLE. It probably helps that they have a really cute model to show them off! :)
    I was getting stir crazy too, so I braved the roads yesterday and almost had a panic attack getting to work safely.
    Alma has had 9 SNOW DAYS! Count em', 9! Actually if they were off today then that makes 10. I didn't watch the news to see, but holy moly! This just goes to show you what happens when I make "plans". :)
    I want a ruffle butt onesie! Not for me, but baby sized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! Oh, sorry to break it to you: Alma is out today. Shouldn't you know better than to make "plans" by now?! Are you sure you don't want your own ruffle butt? I'm sure I could find a leotard to jazz up! haha I've got Isabel covered = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes 10 days today!!! I am losing my mind!!! The clothes are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete